Michael V. Roberts - Bio
Founder and Chairman of M.V. Roberts & Company (a 35 year old, global based sales and marketing firm), Mr. Roberts’ extensive professional background includes helping launch and grow two $100mm plus ethnic hair care corporations.
Known for his integrity, intellect and enthusiasm – Mr. Roberts has applied his skills in business marketing management to major Health and Beauty Aid (HBA) brands and products seeking insight on how to structure their distribution, sales and marketing efforts to effectively reach the African American Consumer Market (AACM) and people of color, globally. An industry renowned strategist in business management and corporate finance, Mr. Roberts is considered one of the leading authorities on health and beauty aid product sales, marketing and operations within the product merchandising, retail and professional distribution channels.
With a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration from Morehouse College, Mr. Roberts began his career in business with Deloitte and Touche, the certified public accounting firm. Additionally, he has extensive experience in corporate finance and capital management. Employing consumer driven and market shift insights, along with strong business relationships and resources, Mr. Roberts has assisted brands and corporations with enhancing their sales strengths, abilities and profit centers via effective business-building finance marketing plans that deliver results.
ACHIEVEMENTS AND MILESTONES
- Global Executive Vice President Namasté Laboratories, L.L.C. (makers of Organic Root Stimulator®)
- Chief Financial Officer for Soft Sheen Products and Senior Vice President of International Operations Soft Sheen Products
- Audit Management at Deloitte and Touche – standard reviews across industries: banking, brokerage, municipal, corporate audits and real estate business portfolios
- Chief Investment Officer for Soft Sheen Products - Oversaw acquisitions and investments: Fiber Optics, MRI Technology and entertainment (Superman® III)
- President of Mizani® - Brokered the relationship between Redken® and Soft Sheen Products leading to development and launch of Mizani®
- Helped create and execute strategies globally - Mizani®, Soft Sheen Products, and most recently, Namasté Laboratories/ORS®
Provided sales representation for Alberto Culver USA, J & J, Ampro Industries Inc., Pro-line International Inc. and J.M. Products Inc. Prior and present clients represented include Ampro , Alikay Naturals, Andre Walker Hair, As I Am, As I Am Born Curly, Baby Sweet, Camille Rose Naturals, Entwine, High Time Bump Stopper, Isoplus, Murray's, Namasté Laboratories LLC, Smoothcare, Sunny Isle Jamaican Black Castor Oil, T-Tree by Parnevu and Twisted Sista.
Go To Market Initiatives:
- Senior Vice President, International Operations for Soft Sheen Products - Facilitated in country product manufacturing for Brazil, Jamaica and South Africa
- Instrumental in the acquisition and management of distribution company (HBA) in Europe
- On-boarded Johnson & Johnson as sales agent and manufacturer of Soft Sheen Products in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Swaziland, Leshoto, and Namibia
- Past Board of Director - Performing Arts of Chicago
- Past Member – American Health and Beauty Aids Institute (AHBAI)
- Current Member – World Alliance for Retail Excellence and Standards
- Current Member - Global Beauty Alliance Team
- Current Member - Professional Beauty Association (PBA)